[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Share your Display!

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Share your Display!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:47 pm 

and a few more...

Attachments:
File comment: My outdoor and Night time tent set up
highland-games.jpg
highland-games.jpg [ 17.81 KiB | Viewed 43569 times ]
File comment: The front of my Farmer's Market display. It has been tweed a little here and there in the last month. Always an ongoing process
farmers-market-display-side-3.jpg
farmers-market-display-side-3.jpg [ 22.3 KiB | Viewed 43569 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:51 pm 

I love the lights! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:03 pm 

Thanks! We strung them up on the inside of the tent around the walls and across the top too. I was surprised at how much light you can get from a few strands of Christmas lights

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:29 am 

Good looking displays! :D

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:17 am 

Here's my setup from my 2nd time at the farmers mkt a few wks ago. I made the large chalkboard signs, that chalkboard paint is pretty cool. My soaps & lip balms are in the baskets. Hopefully I can get a few tiered wooden shelves soon to display soaps & some type of wooden tray w/dividers for lip balms to add some height & interest to the center of my table. I have a different table cloth now. I already had that one so I just used it the first couple of times until I found one I liked. I only had a few body butters that day so I placed a few lotions in that crate so it wouldn't look so empty.

"....with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26
http://www.tousheabodyboutique.com

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:37 am 

For what it's worth, check out GerschelBros.com for displays. I got their cardboard tiers and cover them with a black sheet slightly tucked in and it works well. I carefully fold the tiers back up and put them back in the shipping box. You can get them in 3 steps or 4 steps, etc. They are 2' wide. Anyway, I've used the same set of 4 at six shows and have no issues so far. They seem to be quite sturdy (and it only cost $20 for the four sets plus shipping, which may have been $7 -- I don't remember for sure on that).

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:19 pm 

Thank you for the link Jilly! I've been checking out their site, they have some great stuff. I saw the cardboard risers you have, the price is phenomenal. I love the fact that they can be folded up after use. I see they also have wooden risers.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:38 pm 

Yes, they have all kinds of display stuff. The problem with wooden ones and/or glass ones is they get heavy and take a lot of room to cart to a show or store in between shows. I would use wood/glass if it were in a shop, but I cannot bring myself to cart it to a show. There's not enough room in my Rav4 for that and merchandise. The merchandise is more important (duh!). Anyway, I like the cardboard ones. The backs are open so you can store extra stock inside too (depending on how you drape a cover over them, of course).

My other suggestion is if you are going to use the same table, get bed risers. Walmart or Bed Bath & Beyond both have them and they are about $12. You would set your table legs in them to raise your table top up if you aren't going to elevate your products (or haven't gotten the stair step tiers yet).

Another thought is take your products out of those crates, turn the crates over, and put your products and signs on top of them. Instant elevation!

Jilly

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:55 pm 

Love that idea Jilly -elevate the crates! I think I'll keep the items inside but I'm going to find (or make) something sturdy to elevate them several inches, maybe even elevate one crate a little higher than the other. You're probably right about the risers too. Even though I drive a big ole Tahoe, having to lug heavy displays by myself doesn't sound fun. I've been doing the farmers mkt & will probably have to do most shows/festivals in the near future alone b/c my husb works wkends. Do you by chance have any photos or your display so I can see the cardboard risers "in action" please?

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:08 pm 

Here are 2 photos of my display from a festival I did earlier this month. I had 2 tables placed in an L-shape. People started coming into my booth even before I was completely set up so I forgot to take these until later in the day, so things looked a bit slimmer and picked over by then. Shout out to JillyBeans for the helpful hints! :D

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:42 am 

Here is the display from my second show.
I will have a second table for my next show.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:22 am 

ImageImageImage
This is our Dazzle Bomb display at vendor shows and farmers markets :) It goes pretty well with our candy store shabby chic theme.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10