[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - Share your Display!

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Share your Display!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:49 pm 

Looks good, Dawn!
I use my slab molds under my tablecloth to give some height - one turned upside down and the other standing on it's side.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:17 pm 

Thank you all!! I didnt know what to take and the stuff I thought would sell like hot cakes didnt. It was Pagan Pride Day and they are notoriously broke people. But I still managed to get out with 115.00 for the day. I should have used a Tie Dyed cloth on the table LOL. I thought the dragons/phoenix, cletic knots would sell but alas I only sold one and to a kid at that. I did sell some of my lotion bars and right now, the soap that was bought was such a variety that I could not tell you what I should take for next time. But the event I am doing in Oct is in my old neighborhood and is full of soccer moms with nothing better to do with their money, I am hoping to help them with that LOL.

Dawn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:29 am 

Well, I'd consider laundry soap if you make it! Their uniforms probably get rather dirty. :D I wish you good luck with the show. Oh, and if you have any Thanksgiving, Halloween, or Christmas stuff, I'd be bringing that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:01 am 

I have a few Halloween things, Working on some MP for the Thanksgiving theme, and Christmas is on tap as well.

I did forget to mention that it RAINED almost all day long. Any money at all was a huge bonus.

I also have 2 different events pre-booked for November and working on a couple of farmers markets to alternate between.

I really do appreciate the support from this forum. My unemployment is about to run out, so I am hoping that my hobby can become my business. Even if I dont make a profit overall, I can at least support the habit. :)

Dawn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:18 am 

Hi Dawn,
I did some layered MP in the colors of candy corn and embedded some halloween finger puppets. With the left over scraps because my embeds were a bit too far apart I cut triangles to look like candy corn ad embedded those in some other MP. I have little pics on the flaunt you MP stuff forum thread. Anyway, it's just an idea to throw your way. Oriental Trading Company is where I got my embeds (for future reference even if it's a bit late now).

Hopefully you'll do fabulously at your farmer's market and shows!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:50 am 

I actually had a few of those out, MP in pumpkin shapes with little halloween erasers in them. NOW...if I can get my mom to leave me alone for a little while I might be able to soap some more LOL

Dawn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:54 pm 

Tell her YOU are in time out! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:18 pm 

Dawn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:40 am 

Make her get involved by asking for her "help". Have her help you wrap soap or something. Today (Oct. 1) would have been my Mom's birthday. I sure do miss her.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:10 am 

hehehe, I have put her to work...she generally lasts about 30 minutes then finds a reason to take off. Although she is loves to do canning she just doesnt get the whole soap making process. She is good with paper work so I am trying to get her to help with lableing and packaging the products. I will get her roped in or find some peace and quiet, either way it works for me.

Dawn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:12 am 

The labeling area is about the only one my Mom shows interest in too. She did enjoy looking a Christmas packaging to help me make some decisions. It was fun to do together!

I liked your display but agree with soapbuddy about the lace and getting some height. It was a great idea to use the grid. I snagged a couple of sturdy boxes from Costco and they've lasted all summer as risers and packing boxes in one.

Linda, great idea to use molds! I've got to re-work my display for a smaller space and that might be just the ticket. Do you have a pic of your display that shows how you set the mold on it's side for height?

I learn so much when I can't leave well enough alone!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:42 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:42 pm 

For $15 at Lowe's I just got some decent stacking shelves. I decided to get the 24" wide ones for versatility rather than the 36" wide ones. I plan to cut the legs down in size so they can still stack if I want them to or they can be used as little display tables at different heights on the table. It should work sort of like stair steps I'm thinking.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:35 pm 

I learn so much when I can't leave well enough alone!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:10 am 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next