[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Spa products and Girl Scouts

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:04 am 

Hi, All!
I am hoping for some easy inspiration. I am going to be doing a girl scout meeting this fall for my daughters troop (10yrs+) for making spa products. I can't decide besides mp and lip balm what else to do. Are they to young for masks or scrubs? I would like to try bath bombs, but I never had much luck with them myself! Any sugestions?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:41 am 

You could always use a bath bomb mix (with no water or witch hazel), but not try to shape it and call it fizzing bath powder. Just package in cello bags. Don't use a sealed jar for this, because if it starts to react it needs room for the gas to expand - so sealed containers can blow their tops.

If that sounds too nerve-wracking, go for bath salts. :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:45 am 

Lotion bar with glitter?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:51 pm 

How about a CP soap that looks and smells like Thin Mints cookies?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:19 am 

i did lip gloss an body glitter with my dsaughters troop, they were 6-8 at the time and LOVED it!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:29 am 

Thanks every one these are great! Keep em' coming too. These preteens can be SO fussy, I am actualy nervous about this. I give out soaps to the kids teachers for gifts at Christmas and end of year, two years ago when she was in third grade, the teacher let the kids smell the soap, I think it was 'sleping angels' and one girl said to my daughter and every one esle, that it smelled yucky! I still hear about this and my daughter now has to "ok" the scent!
Thanks again !!
Joyce

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:42 pm 

i just did a girl scout troop with soaps, the kids did lip balms, mineral makeup eye shadow, and got to take home a soap, after i explained how it worked.. the kids had a ball, and lovvvved the eye shadow they each got to special make ..

Danielle