[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - Astounded and Hyper Ventilating

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm 

Ok. I got a conversation on my etsy shop from a "beauty" buyer from urban outfitters. They liked my items and think they would fit their store. They want samples. I don't hAve a clue what to send. I mean beside my most popular perfume oils and soaps.

Ahhh! I make cp soap scented and unscented, face masks, perfume oils, lotion bars, solid perfumes, lip balms and bath sts. So I send full sized samples or small jars of bath salts? Sample packets of face masks, what about perfume oils? The whole roller or just a 1 ml sample? I mean? Do I send 2-3 of each item type. Do I email her back and ask what she wants to see? Do I ask her if she wants one or two of each item? Or do I just throw a bunch of stuff together and hope it works?

I don't know and I'm kinda freaking out. I googled the person who sent the convo and she has a LinkedIn page and the address she gave to send sames to is the same as the address for urban outfitters in PA. So I have to think it might be legit? But then I think maybe she wants free stuff, but she works at ou she should have access to a lot of stuff.

AbahhahaHaj

Any help is appreciated! I am gonna go figure where my lungs are so I can breathe again!

[And that thought, "how many people did she send the same conversation to did cross my mind."]

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:24 pm 

I would email her and ask which specific items is she interested in and in what quality. Do you have a minimum and a wholesale contract in place? Normally they would pay for full size samples. Then a credit would be given when they order wholesale. I would do some more sleuthing on the name of this person. Anyone can have a LinkedIn page. She could be working there and want freebies.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:27 pm 

I do have a basic minimum and wholesale contract in place (not for huge orders yet). How would I ask her to pay for the samples? Paypal? Is it even normal for buyers to email you through a place like etsy? I mean I did think that she maybe wanting freebies, but I wasn't sure. She gave me her "work" email to contact her back.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:43 pm 

If that's what you have, Paypal should work, even for unregistered users. I let any potential wholesale customers pay for samples. I let them know once an order is placed, the sample amount will be refunded. Web photos are nice, but wholesale customers want to know what the actual product smells like or feels like. Is etsy the only place where you sell online? I have not heard of anyone that was contacted via etsy from a well known company. The email address should go to the company and not someone's work email. I don't mean to sound negative, but something isn't right.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:50 pm 

Etsy isn't the only place I sell online. I also have a webstore through shopify. You're not sounding negative. I needed a sounding board and I am glad to have one. I thought that something might be up, but one can never tell.

Now I am curious to see what she was looking at and to see what her response is. Maybe catch her in a scam? Not that I want anyone to get into trouble, but if she is doing this to many people then the company should be contacted to stop it.

If I email her, what questions do you suggest I ask her?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:48 pm 

The email contact I was given was to her at urban outfitters. It has her name @urbanoutfitters.com. So it could be legit?

I was thinking something like this:

Hi!

I would be glad to send you some samples. Which items were you interested in and how many of each?

Please let me know and also how payment will be received for these samples. Please note that upon receiving your first wholesale order you will be refunded the difference paid for the samples sent.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Probably not the most elegant response, but I am not sure exactly how to respond. Thanks for any help and thank you so far soapbuddy!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:19 am 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:13 am 

Sent the letter. Now just waiting for a reply. Thanks! Soapbuddy

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:47 pm 

If she does reply and wants the samples. Do I send full sized bars of soap? Full bottles of perfume oils? Or just half bars of soap and a whole bunch of 1 ml samples of my perfume oils?

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:40 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:47 pm 

nice one! Hopefully it's legit and you can get some serious exposure! Urban Outfitters could use some good publicity after a string of not-so-good-publicity.

My shop: The Black Currant on Etsy!
My blog: http://www.theblackcurrantshop.wordpress.com
Also on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & YouTube!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:43 am 

The reply you made was on point and serves its purpose well. I hope that the person who contacted you is legitimate! Goodluck!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:59 pm 

It's been almost a month, just wondering how this turned out. Hoping it was legit! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:31 am 

Send a few samples and I haven't heard anything back yet. Sent two follow up emails and no responses yet either. So on Monday I'm gonna try to find a phone number and call. See what exactly is going on.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:48 pm 

Did they pay for the samples like you requested? I'm just wondering if this was a real thing. It seems like I've been blasted with a lot of scam emails lately.