[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Other online forums?

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Other online forums?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:57 pm 

I have been away from soapmaking for 3 years and was wondering what the reputable forums are now? I tend to buy about 98% of my supplies from BB and would prefer to just stay here but I tend to need more activity to keep me busy. :lol: I visited SMF but was hit with a lot of advertising and then something crazy happened and I got an error message that my IP had been banned. I'm sure that was a hacker and not the forum, but I don't really want to go back.

Also, while I've got your attention.... the thing I am mostly wanting to research right now are vegan milks for cold process soap. Does anyone know of any good tests that have been done? I have the Milk Soapmaking book by Anne L. Watson but I'm mostly interested in vegan milk comparisons. From my reading and browsing the web, the little bit of info I have found shows that Coconut Milk does the best in blind tests (all tests...vegan and animal) but I'd like to know more about Almond Milk and Oat Milk. Any suggestions for additional places to search for info? I plan to do some testing but I am in the process of restocking oils, butters, FO's and my scale (it died). I'm just hoping to see what others may have found when they played around with vegan milks.

Thank you! And hi to those who are still here helping out with all of the questions! You rock!

Post subject: Re: Other online forums?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:17 am 

I got hit with a virus twice from SMF. I don't go there any more.
Have you tried Facebook? There are lots of soap groups there.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:47 pm 

Hi Irena...a familiar face. It's good to see you are still here! I would love to join some groups on Facebook but haven't had much luck with finding them. Can you recommend any? If you (or anyone else reading this) would prefer to PM the info to me, I am good with that. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:50 pm 

I'll send you a PM.