[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Homemade natural deodorant

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:09 pm 

I did some research of deodorant and made one with mixed results. It worked but 2 of the 4 in my family that tried it got a rash. Do you think it is the essential oils or could there be a bacteria that bothered some and not others? I used a blend of the essential oils. Please help if you can. Thank you!!

Vivian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:47 pm 

People can have sensitivies to pretty much anything. Can you post the recipe? Or at least how much of each of the EO's you used? Over usage of EO's can be irritating. (Especially if it was women with newly shaved skin.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:06 pm 

Personally, I can't use baking soda based deodorant. It breaks me out, my skin gets red and irritated.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:08 am 

Thank you both for your replies! :D I lost my internet for a few days and couldn't log back in to see the responses and I did use baking soda in the recipe that caused irritation in some. I didn't use the additive I saw at Brambleberry because I wanted it to be all natural. Would that have made a difference?

Here's the recipe I used:

8 T Beeswax Granules
1/2 C Baking Soda
1/ C Cornstarch
1/2 C Coconut Oil
20 drops of Essential Oils (I used equal parts: Lavender, Frankincense, Patchouli)

I looked at a lot of recipes before I decided to do this one. I chose this one because it looked like a lot of recipes were too soft. Thank you!!!