[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - It's been slow lately

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: It's been slow lately
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:26 pm 

This site has been slow lately, hopefully everyone is busy making soap! Anyway, I miss seeing everyone's posts, so I figured I'd ask what you all are up to.

I went to CT on business the week before they had the big snow storm, I was glad I didn't get stuck out there because I was freezing all the time eve before the snow! I've become spoiled in the south! I found an adorable little boutique while I was there and it really made me wish I could have one like it. It was small, not over crowded, and had unique items - purses, clothing, jewelry, soap - it was fun to shop in.

I've also been working my regular job and eagerly anticipating the completion of my space in the crafters mall. The owner called me last week to see if I wanted to take a completed space that is the same size until my space is done, there have been some setbacks due to other places she rents needing work. So I accepted. She is hoping I can start moving in mid Feb and open for business March 1. I'm not holding my breath for these dates, but I know it will be soon! Now I'm trying to figure out how I will schedule things around the stores business hours to maximize my time.

I've been falling behind in my soap making, so I made about 5 loaves the other day, and I have a few more to make. I made myself restock the usuals before creating some new ones, can't wait to play and have fun!

So what have you been doing?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:23 pm 

I got a large wholesale account that I'm working on, so I pop in when I can.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:27 am 

I just finished all my initial inventory for my etsy shop: 200 mp soaps and 200 wax tarts! :o 10 of each scent coming out to 20 scent options. It's been crazy! Also been getting very fed up with a certain supplier for shipping my order way later than expected only to find they shortchanged me and some of my order was damaged. :evil:

But this week will be the photo shoot so I hope I can open the business next week. I'm actually glad I'll be missing the Valentines rush! Too much pressure! :shock:

My shop: The Black Currant on Etsy!
My blog: http://www.theblackcurrantshop.wordpress.com
Also on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & YouTube!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:49 am 

I haven't made any soap since Nov. Since I don't sell I have to limit myself. Love when the holidays come around so I can make lots of soap for gifts. I have been working on a wedding quilt for my granddaughter. She's getting married in June. We are going to look at flowers today. I will be making all the bouquets for the wedding. I also began a batch of mixed berry wine last week. I haven't made any wine for a couple years and it is fun to get back to it.
Is there such a thing as an online reunion? I have wondered about people that haven't been around for awhile. It would be wonderful if everyone would just pop in from time to time and say hi.
MaryLou

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:43 am 

I was recently cast to sing Helmwige in Die Walkure, so I've been busy learning the music. And freaking out over singing Wagner. :lol:

In soaping news, I'm working on building a website to sell my soaps and getting social media stuff for it up and running. There are a million or so details to take care of! From licenses and insurance, to pictures and promoting, it's really a beast. I'm hoping that settles down once I get it all finished, but at this point, I'm not convinced. I had a lot of people request to purchase my soaps around the holidays for gifts, which was nice, but I wasn't really prepared for that. After some thought and a ton of research, I decided to try more actively selling as opposed to the occasional bar to a friend. I still feel like I have a bunch to do to get it "perfect," but I'm slowly chipping away at it all. Definitely a learning experience in many ways.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:39 pm 

I'd been away from the board and hadn't made much until recently as I'm 37 weeks pregnant w/our 2nd (another girl :lol: ) and I feel SO different than last time. I felt great w/our oldest. This time, I felt like I had the flu for the first 4 months and was very sensitive to smells, even some I really liked before this pregnancy. I could barely even stand to go into the rm where I cure/store soap. :(

Just as I was beginning to feel better, my elderly in-laws came to visit from overseas and stayed for almost 4 months. So that kept us busy. I did a 3-day show in December which was sucky & am @ a 1-day show as I type this. Not terrible, steady traffic & a few sales. I finally got my prods online yay. Decided to open an AF store. I had to postpone the freestanding site b/c it was taking me too long to build. So hopefully things will begin to return to normal now....that is before the new little one arrives :lol: .

"....with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26
http://www.tousheabodyboutique.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:44 pm 

I made so much soap in my "beginner frenzy" I had enough for 1.5 YEARS! So I didn't make soap for some time. I gave lots away - if I hadn't I probably would have had enough for 2+ years. I even paid for my dinner with a group of friends with soap. But yeah, the board has been slow. Trends in different areas of crafts probably fluctuates from time to time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:48 pm 

It's so great to hear what everyone has been up to, we have some really unique members here! Congrats to Shanon! Please let us know when your bundle arrives!

I've been struggling with a couple herniated discs in my back, I've had back pain for years but never like this. It's slowed me down a lot, but I'm still crawling along. I was aiming at 3/1 for opening my space but just couldn't get everything done, and the late winter ice storms didn't help. I finally have most of my stuff moved in but it's been hard finding furnishings that are temporary and still look good, I don't want to mar the walls until I get my permanent space.

I fell in love with the sample of BB's Lavender and Cedar. I really want to place an order, but I have promised myself to try to use what I have before buying any more. It's hard to not break that promise, I don't really know how much longer I can hold out. The struggle is real. Who's with me? :lol:

Hope you all are happily soaping away!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:59 am 

Currently I am making stuff to sell at a fund raiser for Cavalier Spaniel rescue. The event is called Cavs & Cabs, so I am doing wine and alcohol themed items. Made some pina colada lip balm and I'm making wine soap tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:30 am 

I am in far west Texas near the border and internet is unreliable so I've not been online much. <3