[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Marketting/Sales

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Marketting/Sales
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:58 am 

OK, I have a blast just making bath bombs. Issue is of course it costs a bit of money and time.... Just to have them sitting around the house.

Then when I get new ideas from all of you, or on my own, I feel guilty making more.

So where do you sell your products?

I had a lady on facebook ask me to but a display in her shop, consignment shop geared alot towards beading, women's gifts and wedding stuff, seemed like an ok thing to do. $50 for the display (glass jars) and 75 bath bombs, been in about a month, oh and she gets 30% of whatever sells.

Any other ideas? How do I find out about community craft shows etc?

Thank you all for your incredible help!

Post subject: Re: Marketting/Sales
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:54 pm 

I do a local weekly market. Its mainly flea market goods, not much in the way of handmade. But, in doing this, I have a place to always be found. I want to focus on getting into a few stores. I won't do commission. I know too many that have had issues with stores closing or things not working out and trying to get items back. I'll sell X ammount at a reduced rate to get around all of that. Goal is to get into a few places by the end of the month.

I do all the big markets around the area too that I can. It gets pricey. Come summer, I will have the farmers market and my usual flea market, sat/sun. My house is just too small to have an area for people to see, trying to get on Etsy, is overwhelming, selling on facebook hasn't done much... just a lot of interest.

Post subject: Re: Marketting/Sales
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:09 pm 

Locally, I sold weekly @ the largest farmers mkt in my city this yr (er last yr) and did a few local festivals/craft shows. I plan to do more shows this yr and acquire several wholesale accts. After going back & forth for a while, I finally decided to open an Artfire.com shop a few wks ago. For $20/mos you get unlimited listings & no commission. I just celebrated my first sale today! :D I point my own domain to my shop. I think it's a good start to get your items online. You can always get a free standing website later, which I'll probably do. For info on local events, you can try an internet search like "craft shows your cityandstate" . There's also festivalnet.com and artscraftsshowbusiness.com. I believe you have to be a paying member of those sites to get the full info and contact info, but at least you can see the names and dates of the events. HTH.

"....with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26
http://www.tousheabodyboutique.com