[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - best and worst holiday gift?

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:15 pm 

just for fun - anything cool or hilariously awful?

best - movie theater gift card - and now, I may actually have the time to go see a couple!

worst - very expensive necklace from my parents... I never wear necklaces - they get tangled in my big cloud of hair. We are saving for a house, and that necklace would be a nice chunk of the down payment.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:46 pm 

Hmm, not sure that I disliked anything I got this year. But picking a best would be difficult! My favorites this year are probably the second Captain America movie and the Scientific Soap Making book!

Theater card sounds awesome!! =D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:41 pm 

My best gift I got this year is the best gift ever: Money! :lol:

The worst is a shirt and scarf I got from my dad. It's neon orange and the scarf is a neon orange and turqouise southwestern print... It's something I couldn't wear in public if you paid me! I don't know why he continues to buy me clothes when he has no idea what I wear. Maybe next year he'll skip the clothes in place of money! :?

My shop: The Black Currant on Etsy!
My blog: http://www.theblackcurrantshop.wordpress.com
Also on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & YouTube!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:03 pm 

I liked everything I got this year. Best was definitely $$$! And a nice watch. And since my birthday is also in Dec my hubby got me a soap mold he thought I would like, and a new miter box to cut MP soap. Neither are things I would have picked myself, but it's truly the thought that counts!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:13 am 

Sometimes it is hard to smile and gratefully thank someone for a present. I received a gift bag full of B&BW body wash, lotions and liquid hand soaps from my daughter in law. She knows I make soap and lotion and loves mine. Then my sister gave me a gift card to B&BW. She also knows I make soap and lotion and loves mine. I'm thinking next year I could give my sister the gift bag and my dl the gift certificate. This has happened last year too and I donated it all to our church for prizes at our Autumn Festival.

MaryLou

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:38 am 

Best: My 9 year old daughter (lives a state away with her mom) used her own money to buy me a previously loved aquarium book (with pictures of common fish/plants). I cried.

worst: My mom bought me 3 Marine Corps Teddy bears from thoughout history... confused. We marines are NOT teddy bears!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:53 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:58 am 

My best gift - A Kindle Voyage! My mom is a quilter and she made everybody beautiful pillow cases, so that was cool.

My sister had her 4 year old son pick out an ornament for everyone. My dad's was a white ball with pink leopard print - the pattern looks like a stripper's panties. No idea why he decided on that for my dad.

I made gift baggies for all of the family members who came to eat with us. We have a large Christmas day gathering - about 20 people. 2 days beforehand, an old friend of Dad's called and said he, his wife and 2 children would be in the area, and dad invited him to Christmas day. My soaps all contain lard, and this family is Muslim! So I felt bad that I didn't have any soap to give them, but I did give them a lot of lip balm!

I gave away almost 300 tubes of lip balm this holiday season!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:19 am 

Last edited by goodcleanfun on Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:20 am 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:37 am 

The family that loves to recycle.

My grandmother-in-law once gave me a really nice soap basket for Christmas. Only problem... I gave it to her two years before that for her Christmas gift.

Gave my niece an iTunes gift card for her birthday. Over Christmas she told her grandmother she got a computer from her parents. Well, she had an android based phone, so the iTunes card wouldn't work according to her parents. 7 months later my son got the same card for his birthday. Sweet!

My father in law gives gift cards to restaurants for birthdays. He doesn't usually know apwhat to give the women in his family for gifts so this is his go to for birthdays. Well, I happened to be there when he bought my sister in law her birthday gift card. Guess who got the same gift card for Christmas this past year? ::points to self::

I love getting the same gifts back.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:53 am 

The best gift I have ever received is probably a trip to Sweden with my family. So full of happy memories.
As for the worst gift I have ever received, an awesome case for my phone. Which is great, except the one who gave it to me didn't have any clue that I changed my phone to a better model, it was a cringeworthy moment for the both of us. (I gave my phone away)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:15 pm 

Best would be the gift certificate to our local spa for a 30 min facial and scalp massage!!!!