[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - so, what do YOU do with your soap scraps?

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:41 am 

I would just love to know what others do with the soap scraps they get. I was wondering due to the fact that when I make soap, I always end up with scraps. Now what I MEAN by scraps, isn't the scraps of soap left over after curing. Nope, I was wondering about the soap scraps BEFORE curing. Meaning, when I unmold my soap, say after 24 hours from being poured, while cutting the soap into bars to be cured for the next 4 to 6 weeks, sometimes I end up with tiny slivers of bars or broken bars and even some little bits here and their that are not attached to a soap bar. The soap is soft, and pliable. I know that SOME ppl save the scraps to do a RE-BATCH down the line with all the scraps they collect thru the year. While I know Some roll the scraps into balls to make simple soap balls. So, what I am wondering, is their anything else that can be done with the leftover soap scraps....before they gain the hardness from sitting around in a cure?

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:34 pm 

I have flattened them out and cut out butterflies, stars, really anything with cookie cutters

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:40 pm 

Shred them, add them to another batch for a confetti soap.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:05 pm 

Thank you, I like that idea of using cookie cutters to make litle cutouts...and confetti soap, now thats a good idea too. Thanks to both of you as this has helped open my ind to new ideas

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:13 pm 

You can always send them to Clean the World. 8)

I learn so much when I can't leave well enough alone!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:51 pm 

Cute Sudsy Fun!! I think we need allot more than some Soap.... :lol:

Last night I DID take some of my mushy soap and rolled it out between wax paper layers. Then I froze it, then after it froze, I took cookie cutters and punched shapes out. Those shapes can now decorate the tops of my next batch of Soap...YEA :wink: :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:50 pm 

I rebatch them and make coffee soap . I then use the prinkles can as that makes the perfect size for a coffee soap . my coffee soap contains a lot of coffee grains and some oatmeal to sooth the skin , perfect for elbows toes and knees

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:14 am 

I mold them into little cubic soaps, and if in case any birthday or event comes up, instant giveaway!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:18 pm 

If they look somewhat decent I put them in a box to use as samples at my shows. I have learned to keep them close to me though, and give them out to interested customers or paying customers as a little extra. People can get so greedy if they are left out with a "Free Samples - Take One" sign. :roll:

I also sort and save scraps for rebatch or confetti. I have several bags sorted by smells that go together nicely and by color in some cases.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:51 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:58 am 

I don't make CP soap so glycerin soap doesn't really leave much leftovers. I do make little samples to hand out for my business. The few batches of Cp soap I've made I donated to Clean The World since I wasn't too happy with how they turned out. So I guess it works out either way!

My shop: The Black Currant on Etsy!
My blog: http://www.theblackcurrantshop.wordpress.com
Also on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & YouTube!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:31 pm 

I stamp them with their scent name, and put them in a cellophane bag with my details and give them away at my market stall.

I have found that when someone is walking past and glances into my stall, if I say hello and offer them a sample.......they nearly always stop and buy! Or at least come back later.
Best advertisment ever! And cost me pretty much nothing and I hav'nt wasted soap. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:57 pm 

Laundry detergent! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:06 pm 

I don't have soap scraps because I use the liquid soap. I use the liquid soap because it doesn't leave soap scum on the tub which makes cleaning the bathroom an easier job :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:42 pm