[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - It's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:30 pm 

Especially on my kitchen floor.

Thwacked into a bottle of fir tree FO while wrangling a MP block out of its plastic coffin and down she went. I used to like the smell of fir. In fact it's my favorite tree to rub my mittened hands all over and sniff at the live tree plantations. Not any more. Not tonight.

And my poor kittehs and their sensitive cute widdle noses. Ground zero for the crash site is right next to their feed station. Possible upside - maybe it'll put Mr. Big Fella off his feed for a while. Did I mention he's HUGE? Not fat, mind, just huge. Oh wait. He's a Maine Coon. He's supposed to be huge.

Amended possible upside - maybe Mr Old Man won't wake me at fantastic-thirty in the morning repeatedly bopping my nose, "you up yet?" "I'm hungry." "How about now?" "You know you want to feed me." "You up yet?" Um, yeah. Probably won't stop that either. We're both old and set in our ways. He'll still be on my pillow waiting for the first signs of life from me to start our morning routine. Bop.

And while I'm thinking of it, does anyone else also think Bayberry FO smells like ajax kitchen scrub OOB? Never tried it before and just tried it this year with trepidation after that initial blast of scouring powder. Pretty glad I was brave enough to do that. It morphed quite nicely into something far less obnoxious. Still not my favorite but pleasant enough.

Whoa. I think I may be rambling a bit. Christmas tree fumes may be going to my head. I'd apologize but this IS the off topic chatter forum. So you read this far, what do you think of Bayberry FO? Am I right or am I right?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:35 am 

Oh no! That's too bad. Make sure you air out the house and clean everything up well. Kittys have very sensitive noses and lungs.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:14 am 

I don't know what Bayberry FO is like but I like the story about your cats' morning "Wake up" routine :D I have two cats too and one of them seems to be always hungry, at any time of the day and night )))
Anyway, I hope the smell will go away soon and won't irritate your kitty-cats' noses.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:55 pm 

Thank you both for your concern for my fuzz babies. Mr Big Fella got some in his abundant coat as he just HAD to supervise my clean up efforts. Of course being a mostly Maine Coon he's always looking for affection so each evening for a few days I was reminded of the mishap when he'd climb on my chest and stretch his fluffy arms up for a hug. But I can honestly say their feed station and all the walls around it and even under the refrigerator have not been so thoroughly scrubbed in eons.

Other than that, I had to make another batch using the Frasier Fir today and the smell made me a bit nauseous. I hope the effect doesn't last since it really is one of my favorite trees.