[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - I'm happy, and a little scared.

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:56 pm 

My most recent craft fair went exceptionally well compared to the ones I did last year and earlier this year, and my name is starting to get out there a little bit. Our local news paper called me on Sunday to interview me for an article they are doing on one of the upcoming local festivals that I am signed up for. The reported asked me what I liked about soap making, and I totally nerded out talking about the mix of art and science. I could practically hear her eyes glaze over through the phone, lol. I hope like hell that I didn't sound too nutty and weird. So now I anxiously await the article. I don't feel like I'm very good at talking up my business. When she asked me if I had anything else I wanted people to know about my business, I totally blanked! Then later I thought of all kinds of things I could have said. Doh!

I'm happy that my name is getting out, but the reality of being a business owner on top of my "real" job and other responsibilities feels overwhelming at times! I've gotten a couple custom orders, and I get totally stressed out making sure everything is perfect!

I so wish that I could do this for a living, if it ever becomes profitable, that is. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:29 pm 

Congrats! I'm sure you did fine.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:27 pm 

Yay, that sounds awesome! Congrats!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:29 pm 

You should write down the responses you thought of after the fact. That way you have them for the next interview! Congrats!

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:46 pm 

Pat yourself on the back that they called you for the interview. I agree with Amber -- write down your "after" thoughts and put them someplace you'll remember so you can refer to them quickly.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:16 am 

Location: alternately frigid and snowy or sweltering and humid New England
How wonderful for you.....and your business! Congrats!

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:58 am 

Thanks everyone! I'm still waiting to see that article. The craft fair she was calling for is the one coming up this weekend. I will have to write a list of things I can say that sound somewhat intelligent if it ever happens again. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:25 pm 

At yesterdays craft fair I had a number of people say they read about me in the paper. I finally found the article from this past week. It's a really nice article, and I had a nice giggle at some of the statements the reporter got a bit jumbled, but all in all it was very positive and it was a real thrill reading about my business in print! My 14 y/o son confirmed that I sounded like a real nerd, and he laughed until I told him it is hereditary. :wink:

I am so thankful that my friends, family, co-workers, and community have been so supportive of my efforts!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:28 am 

Congratulations! So exciting =)