[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - I would love your opinions on these display racks

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:44 am 

Location: alternately frigid and snowy or sweltering and humid New England
I do craft fairs by myself, and as I get older, I've tried to find ways to make it easier. I've finally got tables that work for me, and a hand truck that's pretty good if I remember to bungee all the stuff onto it before rolling it across a bumpy parking lot!

So now it's my displays that I'm trying to nail down. Some years ago I built wooden boxes that I could both transport and display my soaps in. But since I lack any woodworking skills whatsoever, the concept was better than the execution. lol The handles were not strong enough to lift the boxes when they were fully loaded, and once or maybe three times or more, they may have fallen off the hand cart I use because I failed to bungee them well enough. So anyway, they've seen some wear and tear, been nailed back together a few times, and they are only one layer, so no table height to be gained there.

So I've been cruising around and stumbled across these wire racks. I usually like something a bit more organic, but I'm thinking these might just work. Wire.....so not terribly heavy, and hopefully durable. And they've got two tiers, so that would free up some table space for me, and since I try to do craft fairs with only two tables, that's important. I guess whatever they're loaded with in the picture could be soaps if I squint my eyes. They don't come with the baskets, though. They do sell the baskets, but I'm thinking they may take up too much space that I'd rather have for more soaps. So I'm trying to imagine them full of my soaps...I don't know. I've been looking at them for several days now, and I just can't decide. Maybe I' ve been looking at them too much. Do you think they look too gas station, on the counter next to the cash register, full of candy bar-ish? Other than maybe spray painting them in my colors, I can't think of anything to do to pretty them up. I'd love your opinions. Here they are....
http://www.displays2go.com/P-11464/Coun ... ?o=1-26029

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:31 pm 

I think they would work fine! I hope the shelf space fits the dimensions of your product!

If you worry about the appearance you could spray paint them, wrap them in a garland, or put a fabric to line the shelves and hide it's appearance a bit better. Hope it works out! :D

My shop: The Black Currant on Etsy!
My blog: http://www.theblackcurrantshop.wordpress.com
Also on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & YouTube!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:00 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:55 am 

Thank you both for the input. I'm still on the fence. Maybe if they were cheaper, I wouldn't be so hesitant. I'd hate to spend that much money and then not be really happy with them. I hate being so indecisive, but I've spent money on equipment before, that ended up being not right for me, so I'm trying hard not to do that again.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:54 pm 

I really like them, and I think they would look good with a liner on the bottom of the shelf, but I agree that they're expensive. What is the return policy? Maybe you can buy just one and see if it works well before getting any others, return it if it's not right.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:31 am 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:26 pm 

I know what you're going through! I am always working on improving my displays. My most recent craft fair display was the best so far. I got tired of buying things that weren't exactly what I wanted but "might work" and just designed my own. Well, sort of. I drew a picture of what I wanted it to look like, I went to the hardware store and picked the lightest wood I could find, then asked my husband to build them. :lol: I wasn't sure if they would come out the way I envisioned, but he did a great job and they exceed my expectations! They seemed to catch lots of looks too.

Do you know anyone who can build you what you want? It might actually work out cheaper to have someone make them. Just throwing that idea out there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:13 am 

I think they look nice with baskets in it, but without anything they are not very appealing. At 10 lbs they're not terribly heavy, but they are pretty wide, will you have enough room to store them & transport them?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:59 am 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:10 am 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:12 am 

I have a big festival coming up, and really need to improve my displays. Hmmm. They are expensive... I wonder if something from Target in their shelving/kitchen organizing section wouldn't be similar and cheaper?

Like us: http://www.facebook.com/AvitalsApiaries

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:39 am 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:57 am 

Right, things like that!

Also, I learned a trick from a friend who makes jewelry: buy PVC pipe, drill a hole in it, and put a bold through the hole. Put the pipes on the legs of the tables, and raise the table X inches. That way, when people walk up, everything is just at the right height without bending down! I thought it was a great idea.

Like us: http://www.facebook.com/AvitalsApiaries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:41 am