[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - His name was Ralph.

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: His name was Ralph.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:41 am 

"But I called him Grandpa. He passed away yesterday morning, at the beautiful age of 97. He was a world leader in plant pathology and my personal hero. When I saw him he would practically leap from his chair to give me the best hug. I miss him so much. I miss those hugs, and his smile, his jokes, and his laugh. I miss seeing him in his yellow work coat, and I miss that Grandpa smell that only he had. I miss his mushroom and pig collections, and that look on his face when he would talk about either. I miss everything about my Grandpa. There is this empty place inside me now, the memories just can't fill it. A piece of my heart and soul went with him."

I expect that I will be a bit "off" for a while, and I'm sorry for that. Need some time to find myself again I guess. Please bear with me, my friends.

Post subject: Re: His name was Ralph.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:29 am 

I am so so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine the pain your going through. You will be in our prayers *hugs*

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:22 am 

Such a big loss :( It's never easy, I'm sure anyone here would tell you apologies aren't needed. My thoughts will be with your and your family.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:15 am 

I'm sorry for you loss.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:26 pm 

I'm so sorry!

Like us: http://www.facebook.com/AvitalsApiaries

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:54 pm 

I'm very sorry for your loss. The death of a loved one, especially a hero, is so very hard. I still remember the smell of my grandpa and his wonderful deep laugh. There's something special about the love of wonderful grandparents.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:25 pm 

Hugs Hesty. I am so sorry. He sounds like a wonderful grandpa. You were blessed to have him in your life. My prayers are with you.

MaryLou

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:11 pm 

My deepest condolences.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:31 pm 

Heather, I know you said that the memories cannot fill the empty space.... they are not meant to... they only add a little light in there. But I must say that reading your note.. wow! what great memories you have... and I bet this is just a few of them. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes, and if you were here I would give you a big bear hug and we could cry together. You were very lucky to have had him. Remember you are not alone if you need us we are here. With Love and prayers!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:23 am 

Thanks guys, very hard time for me right now. Feeling like 2 different people; one with a job and a life who loves everything, and one with a broken heart who cries at the drop of a hat and wants to spend eternity curled up in bed. My husband is trying to keep me busy so my mind stays focused, and it helps, but I just don't feel like myself at all. When my Nana died I slipped into some far away place for 6 months, I have no memory of that time period at all. Mostly just trying to keep myself from doing that again, but I do feel my memory slipping now and then. Other than work I can't tell you what I did yesterday. It's just gone.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:40 pm 

I am so sorry for your loss. I know it was hard for me when I lost my grandpa. Things will get better. Take time to grieve though, it's important. Big hugs.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:22 am 

Sorry Heather.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:18 am 

Heather - I know I said this yesterday, but I will say it again. I am so sorry for your loss. I'm glad I was able to help take your mind off of "life" for awhile yesterday so you could teach me CP soapmaking. If you want to get together again to make soap, scrapbook, or even just to have lunch/dinner, I'm a call or text away. It only took me about 1/2 hour to get home last night.

Luanne

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:51 am 

Heather, so sorry to hear this. {{{HUGS}}}

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:53 pm 

I'm so sorry you lost your grandfather, Heather! It does take time to grieve but it allows us to really enjoy those memories again. *Hugs*

I learn so much when I can't leave well enough alone!