[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - Oh the weather outside is frightful!

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:09 am 

Everyone in my area is more or less stuck at home unless they're crazy or unlucky. My husband had to go to work for about an hour before they finally decided to close. We've got about 8 inches of snow so far. Roads are very dangerous because they're not even bothering to plow them with how much is accumulating.

Who else is being hit by this storm and what it's like so far?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:42 am 

If it has to snow let it be on a Sunday. I live in the same area as you and I am already tired of this snowy winter. There is usually a bright side to everything and when it snows the schools close and my grandson gets to spend the day with me. Love it when he is here.

MaryLou

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:50 am 

Well with the temps in the negatives tomorrow, even if they get the roads plowed they'll probably still close schools. At least they would have when I was a kid. If even the windchill got below zero my district would close, lol.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:17 pm 

Stay warm!
I have my back door open to sunny and warm weather in the 70's.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:28 pm 

Soap Buddy it sounds lovely where you are. Do you have a spare bedroom? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
We have a 1300 foot driveway just to get to the county road. With the wind chill below 0 I don't even want my husband to try to plow. Maybe will just hibernate for awhile.

MaryLou

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:21 pm 

No snow here, but a windchill of about -45 degrees & a high of -10 today. Schools here are already closed for Monday because we're supposed to have a windchill of about -60 degrees and a high of -15. I think I'm going to mail myself to Irena's house :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:55 pm 

Come on over! We could have a soap party! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:45 am 

Irena, to soap with you and the other ladies just once and then to sit and talk over a cup of coffee would be like Heaven to me! Who would care what the weather is like?
As for frightful, my husband thinks I am nuts because I enjoy winter. Even the -18 right now with wind chills of -50, the air is so crisp. I am just thankful we have a well insulated home and a fantastic fireplace!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:30 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:11 pm 

Wow I couldn't even imagine living where you guys do. It is supposed to get down to 5 degrees tonight here which is super duper cold to us southerners! I did go to Minnesota once in January and it was -23 and decided right then and there that I don't plan on going back haha

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:26 pm 

I lived in Minnesota a few times in my life, and I remember when I was in the 6th grade or so and we moved there. It was Winter and the news said it was -30 below and wind chills made it -45 or so :shock: . I went back to bed 8) . My cousins came in and yelled at me to get up and I said that school was closed, so bed it was :) . Then they informed me that school was not closed, this was a "normal" Winter day! :roll: :cry: I am not a Winter person, I much prefer Irena's type of weather!

Tammy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:37 am 

This is day 2 of schools being closed. The kids are going a little batty so they're making bath bombs today.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:54 am 

It's officially 2 degrees (not counting the windchill) where I am today.
They cancelled school for the kiddos in the area- Could you imagine standing waiting for a bus for 20 minutes in that weather...
It's going to 'warm' back up here soon though. Yay Winter! (sarcasm)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:37 am 

It was -3 at 6am this morning with a wind-chill of -18. It's up to a whopping 9 now. 48 hours ago it was 54. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:30 am 

it was -10 at 6 am here today. Warmed up super fast though, now it's a balmy 15 degrees, lol.