[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - UPS Shipping Rates Go up On December 30

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:49 pm 

UPS is increasing its shipping rates by 4.9% beginning December 30th (you may have gotten the WSP email). Although other vendors have not sent out similar notes, it's likely anyone using UPS will be passing along those increases to their customers. WSP is also increasing its minimum order from $30 to $40 for free shipping on the same day.

So, if you need anything and have been procrastinating, you have a few days to place an order.

Connie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:17 pm 

Yes the UPS website states they are increasing rates an average of 4.9 % net, but seriously, WSP charges more than enough in their product costs to cover their "free" :roll: shipping. And, if they would offer flat rate or regional prices from the USPS ...well, that would make too much sense I guess. What I find rather funny are the companies that charge the UPS or Fedex delivery fees (usually with a nice packaging fee added in there), then actually send the products via the USPS. I have received many of those over the years and it is usually the last time I buy from those companies too. Ah, the price of doing business, such fun!

Tammy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:25 am 

I've had a lot of packages supposedly send UPS or Fedex from Ebay/Amazon. 99% of the time they arrive USPS. When I tell the people I want a shipping refund of the difference I usually get ignored. So I've started simply reporting them to the sites. If I pay $50 for shipping and you send it USPS and pay $5.99 I want my $44 back! Haven't run into big companies doing this yet at least... *knock on wood*

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:06 pm 

I have had large companies do this to me Heather and I agree with you that it is wrong, but they get you with their "handling fees" I suppose. But I feel like if they quote a fedex or ups quote for shipping, then that is the way it should arrive at my door. otherwise it is misrepresentation, a BAIT and SWITCH!

Tammy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:30 pm 

True bait and switch is actually fraudulent and illegal, just FYI. Companies who are doing this at the cost of their customers could be in big trouble if people reported it to the correct authorities.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:11 am 

since so many do it I have to think that there is wording there somewhere that gets them into a loop hole somewhere. It is still wrong imho, and I am sure that wording is tiny, tiny, but I do not continue to do business with those that utilize this practice.

Tammy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:29 am 

My DH works for USPS and he said UPS & FedEx pay the PO to deliver the packages because it's less expensive than using their carriers to deliver door to door. UPS & FedEx still have to ship the packages to the post office, but there's no telling what their actual costs are. I would rather use USPS and be done with it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:37 pm 

Unfortunately USPS has lost probably 90% of my mail. So I don't use them for anything if I can help it. And they refuse to investigate what is happening with the mail either :x I'll soon have to open my own postal service LOL :P :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:03 pm 

I agree Linda, I like using the USPS from start to finish. I certainly don't want to jinx myself, but I have never (in 30 years of business and from different homes in 3 different states) had a problem with my posts getting lost. They are less expensive and yes, I have seen where my package began at fedex and was then delivered to be by the USPS. That is the part that I think really stinks. These companies refuse to allow the USPS as a choice, but then the company they use, which we pay more for, send it through the USPS. RIDICULOUS! And it really infuriates me when I want to order some small thing, like 100 shrink bands, and the company shows 18$ shipping through ups or fedex and when you ask them if they will send via the USPS in an envelope or small flat rate box, they say no, they don't do that, order more so your shipping will be less! I had that happen right after I placed a large order somewhere and I forgot one little thing (jojoba beads in a certain color, that came in a small baggie), they still said no. They would have fit into a regular envelope for crying out loud and I was willing to pay for a small box or a handling fee, but not 18$ for a 2$ item! Well they lost my little order for sure, but they also lost my future large orders, and that is the part that they should have considered!

Tammy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:45 pm 

I have a friend who is a potter, and so mails out hundreds of bowls every year USPS. She has no problems at all, and says they've arrived broken only a handful of times over the years. That's a pretty good track record!

Like us: http://www.facebook.com/AvitalsApiaries