[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - More Lab Colors questions

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:52 pm 

This time I thought I might use my lab colors undiluted. I was using purple passion. For fear that it might turn bright purple, I was very conservative. Some colors seem to change colors as the soap sets up. Well................I was too conservative. The soap is just barely off white. I guess I will package it in purple tissue paper since it is lavender FO. I think I will go back to diluting and storing in the refrigerator.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:52 pm 

Two days after I posted that my undiluted lab color did not color my soap, my soap is a lovely pale shade of lavender. How was I to know ahead of time that this would happen?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:14 pm 

Did you shake the undiluted color before using? Did you get a general info sheet on how to use them? I used FD&C colors myself and if anything, I've used too much.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:39 am 

There are Lab Colors for CP and ones for MP so I would make sure that you have the right ones.

If you do then they will turn out the correct color, you just need to wait till the soap is done setting up. They may morph a little as the soap sets but they will eventually be the color they are supposed to be. :D