[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Newbie with a LOT of questions

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:46 pm 

Hi deeanne59,

Have you checked your local farm and feed store or maybe your local "Do It Center"? I know that before I moved, the state I was living in made me sign an online contract type thing verifying that I was not using it for illegal purposes, and I was only allowed to purchase 3 bottles at a time. My palm oil I purchase online in a large 5 gallon bucket. Later on down the road when you are making more soap and using larger molds, it is more cost effective to purchase oil this way. But for now you are doing fine with using your local resources for what you need. Don't forget your local thrift stores, they are awesome and you never know what you will find. I bought a large stainless steel container ( I think it was from a KitchenAid) that has a handle and holds a 5 pound batch of soap. I bought it for $6.00. I also have bought many silicone cupcake molds in various shapes as well. As you build your supplies and equipment, take your time and do lots of research for formulating "your" recipe using a soap calculater and looking for the specific qualities that you are looking for in a bar of soap. Like I said, take your time and take lots of notes. I use the note books I purchased from the dollar store (the ones used for composition or science class) to take notes in. You can jot down your recipes in there and then the results (color, looks, or any adverse results). The main thing is, use the soap calculator! It is a very important step (In every recipe), take your time, and follow any directions that you have gleened from resources like teach soap. And don't be afraid to ask questions, even the ones that "sound" stupid.....that is how we learn! Good luck on your soaping journey!