[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Color changes with cure time?

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:50 am 

Hello all! My question is if CP soaps colored with natural colorants ie plants, clay etc.. can change over cure time? I used indigo powder and it came out grey, however I used this same formula, (I think! I did not document) last year and I believe it eventually turned a pretty lavender/violet color. Can cp soaps change color/hue/value over cure time when using plants to color them? I need to get that pretty violet color back.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:25 pm 

Yes, they definitely can change. Natural colorants can also change to different colors from batch to batch.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:02 am 

I did the annatto colored coconut oil soap 20% superfat and was wary about adding too much colorant because annatto stains easily and you don't want orange bubbles. They came out a nice peach color but after 4 weeks of curing most of the color was gone and I ended up with very very pale yellow. I think it is because the ph falls during curing. So now I am trying 100g of annatto infused coconut oil per 1000g of base oil it looks more yellow than the first but I am assuming it will be a nicer yellow when cured.