[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - The feel of colored soap

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: The feel of colored soap
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:21 pm 

Afternoon all,

Question regarding the 'feel' of soaps colored with Oxides. I didn't color my first half dozen or so batches because I wanted to work on the basic process and get a standard recipe down first. My first batches might have been ugly, but homemade soap is definitely the way to go. I'm fearing the day I can no longer make and use my own soap. After getting my first standard recipe down I then ventured into colors. My first colored batch was green/ white, then a blue/white, then blue/yellow. The colored batches are using the same recipe as my last few uncolored batches, however I've noticed that the colored soaps feel more slippery. A friend who is using my soaps mentioned the same thing. The only differences are some were colored and some not. Could the Oxides be the cause for the different feel?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:16 pm 

I have not noticed a difference between my batches that were colored with oxides and those that were not.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:15 pm 

I use clays to color my soaps. The soaps with clay don't lather as well as the plain ones.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:28 am 

I use the clays too. That is interesting your clay soaps don't lather as well as the ones without. I have not noticed that. Clay is very good for the skin so even tho it doesn't give as pretty of a color that's all I will use. I did order some mica recently from BB that I am going to use for coloring orgonite, bc mica is a crystal and crystals are inherently part of the orgonite matrix, but since this isn't an orgonite forum... i am still trying to decide if I am going to use the mica in a test soap. Mica is a natural product but it contains chemical colorants like titanium dioxide.