[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Marketing and selling Soap

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:06 pm 

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to market cold process soaps? I don't want to do an etsy account. Selling directly though seems like it would produce a better profit margin. I have a domain that is mine but getting hits on that will take some expertise and time. May I ask how you, those that sell soap successfuly, got started and if you are able to make a living at selling your soap? My angle is that I am selling 90% organic ingredients. What advice can you give to an newbie? I'm a teacher but don't want to teach my whole life. I don't expect to make as much but I want to be happy at what I do.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:31 pm 

Here is what I have done. Send out testers to friends, hand out samples of soaps wherever you can (I carry small samples with my business card in my purse), sign up for a local craft show to let people know that you are local, or join a local business association to get known.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:03 pm 

If your soap is mostly organic, you could probably sell it at a local health foods store. Assuming you have one, they would probably be happy to have local, organic soap in their store!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:51 am 

Make friends with local business owners in your area. That super wanky local grocery store, the cafe that sells all organic hipster food and coffee, etc. Network with people, make friends, offer samples and embrace wholesale to your new friends the local business owners.

Want to sell retail? Craft fairs and markets are your friend, and make friends with other stall holders too. Network network network!

Want to sell retail online? Get savvy with social media. Take wanky aesthetic photos of your soap and stick them on instagram, hashtag it up. Look up related hashtags and see what other people are doing, what styles of photos are popular, etc.

Its work, building a brand. It takes time and effort, and you may want to give up, but it can work!