[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Soap for thin skin

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Soap for thin skin
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:59 pm 

My neighbour does some soap for her mother, but not enough to know which soaps to use for her 83 year old mother who has very thin skin. She has tried nearly very OTC soap there is for her-- from dove to caress. They don't help moisturize her mothers skin at all. She doesn't want to use body butters or lotions because they are generally too greasy. She really wants to use soap. What advice for oils and butters could I give her? Should she use a goats milk bar? Shea butter? Or maybe just palm and castor oil?

I appreciate any help you can give!

Ginger

Post subject: Re: Soap for thin skin
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:39 am 

Perhaps your friend could try a very high superfat. Castile soap is also very gentle. Soap by nature is generally going to take oils off the skin, though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:29 am 

Technically, soap does not moisturize. It should clean gently without stripping. For thin, dry skin, I would try plain castile with plain jojoba oil after.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:19 am 

I would make something with no coconut. Maybe lard, olive oil and castor. No fragrance.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:00 pm 

thank you all for helping me tell her what she should use in her cp soap